Click icon for PDF
National Radio Talent System
• Strengthening connections with broadcasters across the country to gain brand awareness
• Promotion, outreach, and recruitment of university faculty and potential NRTS
• Guiding students through application and registration process to attend talent institutes
• Facilitating internal and external communications; including distribution of e-mails, newsletters, posters, and radio ads.
iHeartMedia, Charlotte, NC
• Analyzing traffic data and maintaining local fluency in seven different markets
• Experience personalizing reports for over twenty stations
• Collaboration with producers and air talents both locally and remotely
• Recording and producing promotional spots for our sponsors
• Observing and assisting production, promotions, and programming staff members
Brand Manager and Event Producer
Evoke Creative Group
May - September 2017
• Event management accommodating up to 2,000 people
• Logistical management of audiovisual and spatial elements at events
• Attended client meetings to assess marketing needs and develop tailored strategy
• Social media account manager tracking and increasing multi-platform online
• Generating digital content, photography, and videography for online marketing
• Established strategic partnerships for community engagement
• Account Manager for AvidXChange, Microsoft, and Modulex Carolinas
Voiceover and Social Media Freelancer
Abel Communications, LLC
I provide social media consulting, graphic design, and voice work. I have worked with a variety of clients; independent business owners, a digital publishing company, and a smartphone app startup in Charlotte, Philadelphia, Florida, Colorado and Spain.
Promotional Marketing Associate
Charlotte's Social Butterfly Promo
February 2014-May 2015
February 2014-May 2015
Focusing on branding strategy, I facilitated client relations, graphic design, product orders, online campaigning, and blogging.
Clear Channel Media + Entertainment, Charlotte, NC
Gaining professional experience in a top market of radio industry, I assisted with promotions, on-air production, social media, and interacted with listeners at Clear Channel’s five-station studio.
Boone Community Network
November 2013-April 2014
For this local social network, I helped coordinate events, manage social media, and strategically engage people and businesses in our online community.
Stick Boy Bread Co. Boone, NC
July 2013-May 2014
I prepare coffee and fill orders for espresso drinks, pastries, desserts and bread. This is a family-owned company, (rated #1 restaurant on Yelp in the area!) and the primary goal for employees is to provide excellent customer service.
Mast General Store, Boone, NC
July 2013-December 2014
I focus on meeting customer needs and providing the best shopping experience possible. Duties also include stocking items, communicating with associates at other Mast locations, and completing sales transactions.
90.5 WASU-FM, Boone, NC
Fall 2012-January 2014
After basic DJ training and a great first semester, I picked up my own specialty show, “The Porch Swing,” to discuss current events, human interest pieces, and musicians, and compile playlists for each installment.
I have performed with small ensembles, accappella and barbershop groups, and large choirs! Singing on Carly Taich’s album “Beginners,” and joining other collaborations in Boone were memorable and rewarding experiences. Please view the YouTube video to the right starting at 2:34 to hear a sample of my voice!
Social Media Marketing
Knowledge of FCC Regulations
Awards & Achievements
Radio Ad Bureau Certification
Communication Honor Society
Kellar Radio Talent Institute
Dean’s List - 2011-2014
Minor in Sustainable Development
Appalachian State University
Dan Vallie, Employer
Founder and CEO, National Radio Talent Institute and Vallie, Richards, Donovan Consulting